Hunter Engineering Company is a global leader in the design and manufacture of automotive service equipment. We are currently searching for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for our corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.
This is a lead designer position responsible for the development of machines for use in the automotive service industry. This will be responsible for taking machine design projects from conception through production release.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Developing mechanical components and subsystems through the process of investigation, specification development, design, analysis and testing.
Design includes the selection of part configurations, materials and manufacturing processes, to achieve a robust product with cost and manufacturing efficiency in mind.
Validate design through analysis and testing as well as designing test fixtures and special instrumentation where necessary.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
BS in Mechanical Engineering
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 7-15 years machine design experience
• Proactive self-starter with strong sense of creativity
• Thrive in a team environment
• Mechanism design
• Electro/mechanical design
• Optical design
• Machined metal parts, material and heat treat
• Plastic part design
• Electronics packaging
• System integration
• CAD experience (ProEngineer/Creo preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to solve tough problems