Hunter Engineering Company, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of computer-based automotive service equipment, is seeking a Buyer for our manufacturing operations. Founded in 1946, Hunter has a history of product ingenuity and growth and has been a worldwide market leader for decades. Our computer-based products set the quality and technological standard in the industry. Hunter Engineering Company offers state-of-the-art automotive service equipment such as wheel alignment systems, wheel balancers, tire changers, lift racks, and brake testers.
Our purchasing department uses advanced tools that make the daily tasks quick and easy, so that you can concentrate your efforts on value added activities such as lowering total cost of ownership, improving quality and delivery metrics. Information (such as inventory and quality) is displayed graphically so that you can quickly understand the situation. The location will be at Hunter Engineering Company’s headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.
• Effectively communicate and negotiate with current & potential strategic vendors.
• Lead and facilitate the strategic source selection and approval process.
• Purchase required materials that support production from approved sources to assure on-time delivery at acceptable levels of quality, price, and supplier support.
• Identify, quote, and award bid packages based on Total Cost of Ownership.
• The position will entail working closely with vendors by conducting on-site production facility audits and quarterly performance reviews to support exceptional supplier management.
• Review quality metrics and take appropriate corrective actions with vendors.
• Keep current on industry-wide pricing trends, technological innovations, and overall market conditions through research and effective supplier interaction.
• Evaluate existing suppliers and consolidate when appropriate.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of assigned commodities utilizing tools that support lean initiatives.
• Work with engineering as needed to find alternative sources.
• BS in Supply Chain Management, Applied Engineering Sciences or related field.
• 0-5 years of purchasing experience.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Demonstrated work history of cost savings / control and inventory management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.