Hunter Engineering Company is a world leader in automotive service equipment, offering state-of-the art wheel alignment systems, brake lathes, tire changers, lift racks, and brake testers. Hunter equipment is approved and usded by vehicle manufacturers, automobile and truck dealers, tire dealers and automotive service facilities around the world. We are currently searching for an experienced Welding Supervisor for our Durant, MS facility.
SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating variety of machines to weld parts or products by performing the follwing duties.
* Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
* Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area
* Plans flow of materials through department.
* Maintains supplies of cousumables, ordering to maintain quantities of supplies.
* Works with fume control equipment such as downdraft tables and methods of fume control.
* May supervise large vertical milling and drilling machines.
* Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
* Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
* Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of
* Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Maintains time and production records.
* Develps capital equipment justifications for ma chine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
* Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
* Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
* Knows MIG welding process for mild steel and stainless steel.
* Familiar with Robotic welding.
* AWS certified Certified Welding Supervisor preferred.
* 2-5 Years Experience
* 2 years college and welding certificate