Hunter Engineering Company is a global leader in the development and manufacture of automotive service equipment. Our computer based products set the standard in the industry. We are currently seeking a full-time Quality Engineer for our Durant, MS facility (7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.)
* Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, test and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
* Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
* Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
* Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future
purchases from the vendor.
* Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
* Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
* Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended
process improvements to management.
* Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
* Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
* Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
* Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
* 2-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with multiple levels of the organization.
* Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering