Hunter Engineering Company, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of computer-based automotive service equipment, is seeking a Purchasing Agent for our manufacturing operations. Founded in 1946, Hunter has a history of product ingenuity and growth and has been a worldwide market leader for decades. Our computer-based products set the quality and technological standard in the industry. Hunter Engineering Company offers state-of-the-art automotive service equipment such as wheel alignment systems, wheel balancers, tire changers, lift racks, and brake testers.
You will be responsible for the purchasing of our company wide freight (both incoming and outgoing), as well as responsibilities for other MRO and/or production goods.
Our purchasing department uses advanced tools that make the daily tasks quick and easy, so that you can concentrate your efforts on value added activities such as lowering total cost of ownership, improving quality and delivery metrics. Information (such as inventory and quality) is displayed graphically so that you can quickly understand the situation. The location will be at Hunter Engineering Company’s headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or related field
• 2 to 5 years of supply chain or purchasing experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Experience with quoting major freight contracts – LTL, small parcel, ocean.
• Proven drive to succeed.
• Documented history of results.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills a plus.