Responsible for performing the day to day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research and resolve inquiries for assigned functional areas.
• Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables.
• Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
• Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
• Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
• Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial reporting package (including 13-week cash flow projections and other analysis).
• Prepare other reporting packages: (Tax; EU/Canadian filings/audits, where applicable; Audit Engagement Schedules).
• Review and research accounting and operational transaction workflows for functionality, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Track, analyze, monitor and report financial information and trend by product line, business unit and customer
• Responsible for performing special projects on ad hoc basis.
• Cross-train in other functions to improve overall departmental performance.
• Identifying risks and opportunities for the Company based on financial analysis
• Understand key business drivers and provide management with timely, accurate and relevant information for decision-making.
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL REQUIRED:
B.S. in Business or Accounting preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 5-6 years related experience
• Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
• Strong analytical skills – both cognitive and tool usage (graphing, Access and Excel)
• Ability to succeed in a team environment
• Customer Service first attitude
• Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
• Strong research and analysis skills
• Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance
• Lean/Six Sigma process improvement experience
• Experience with ADP Payroll system
• 401(k) plan administration and functionality inclusive of audit experience
• Product costing experience
• CPA, CGMA or other advanced accounting qualifications