Hunter Engineering Company is a world leader in automotive service equipment, offering state-of-the-art wheel alignment systems, brake lathes, tire changers, lift racks and brake testers. Hunter equipment is approved and used by vehicle manufacturers, automobile and truck dealers, tire dealers and automotive service facilities around the world. We are currently searching for an experienced Maintenance Repair Person for our Durant, MS manufacturing faciloity. This position is resposible for repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as: engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines/equipment. We offer an excellent health and benefit package, along with an exceptional drug-free working environment. This position is available on our first shift from 5:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
* Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble
* Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and install new or repaired parts.
* Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
* Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
* Initiates purchase requisition orders for parts and machines.
* Repairs electrical equipment, with the use of hand tools, carpenter tools, electrician tools or other tools used for maintenance or repair.
* Operate welding equipment as necessary.
* Must be able to operate forklift, crane, and tow motor to transport materials as needed.
* Must have ability to read blueprints and/or manuals as a guide for repairs.
* Perform preventative maintenance duties.
* Comply with Hazard Communications program requirements and safety requirements.
*Minimum of 5 years on-site industrial maintenance experience.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Ability to read mechanical prints for assembly and disassembly of components.
* Knowledge of electrical distribution code as it relates to installation of piping, equipment, and protection devices.
* Ability to read basic electrical diagrams and prints.
* HVAC experience preferred.
* Electrical Controls ( Machine wiring and controls as well as high voltage) experience preferred.
* Plumbing experience preferred.